Research Related Achievements
- Book Publication: “An Introduction to Language and Linguistics” published in 2017 authored by Ms. Amna Shahid
- HEC Travel Grant for Paper Presentation in International Leadership Association (ILA) 19th “Global Conference on Leadership in Turbulence” 12th -15th October 2017
- Scholar in residence at Arizona State University attended by Ms. Zahra hanif Jan- May 2016
- Scholar in residence at Arizona State University attended by Ms. Zahra hanif Jan- May 2015
- Six Months Research Fellowship In The University Of Arizona, Tucson USA Sponsored By HEC Under International Research Support Initiative Programme by Ms. Samina Hassan (June -December 2019)
- Dr Nusra Inayat, ‘Art and Design’ a course book, Book, 2019, Lahore, Pakistan
Mainstreaming ADR with the Asia Foundation
- Nadira Hassan Law Department (NHLD) has signed an MOU with The Asia Foundation from (April 2017 to Sep 2018). The purpose of this MoU is to create awareness, promote research and studies in the field of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). For that Purpose One of the law faculty member Ms. Ayesha Jawad visited John Fellace Rome Center of Loyola University in Sept, 2017. Also Course of ADR has become part of the Law Curriculum in order to provide education and awareness on ADR to young law students.
Participation as a Speaker in the QS Open Clinic
- Ms. Badriah Khaleel participated as a Speaker in the QS Open Clinic at the QS Subject Focus Summit on Humanities and Social Sciences Research, held on 29-31 August 2018 ,hosted by Ca’ Foscari University of Venice.The theme of the clinic was “The Impact of International Rankings on Universities’ Administration” which addressed the challenges faced in dealing with rankings. The panel’s “doctors” included Dr Mauro Cannone (Ca’ Foscari University), Ms Badriah Khaleel (Kinnaird College of Women, Pakistan), Dr Yulia Grinkevich (Higher School of Economics, Russia) and Mr Dario Consoli (QS). The panel addressed a wide range of issues and suggested many different strategies for successfully coping with the rankings phenomenon as a university administrator.The event was attended by 87 delegates from 45 institutions located in 26 countries as well as approximately 100 participants from SUN who joined various parts of the QS Summit’s program. Badriah Khaleel represented the Pakistani Educational System and highlighted the norms of Kinnaird College for Women.
Professional Appointment as Guest Speaker
- Professional Appointment of Ms. Qurat-ul-ain Aleem from department of Food Sciences and Human Nutrition, Kinnaird College for Women was held as a Guest Speaker on “Nutrition Education- Healthy tips on Fluid Intake in Summers” 2019 in PTV Morning Show – PTV Station, Lahore: 23rd April, 2019.
Legal Education Support Program for Pakistan
- Arizona State University is funding Nadira Hassan Law Department under the Legal Education Support Program, to develop Legal Research and methodology curriculum and to plan for establishing legal clinic. Also under this grant ASU is supporting NHLD to start its Law Journal.
- Ms. Sara Asad has attended the certified “35th Master Trainers-Faculty Professional Development Program” organized by Learning Innovation Division of Higher Education Commission, Islamabad. (27th March – 11th May, 2018)
- Dr. Ghazala Yaqub, Biofertilizers and Biofungicides, Delve Publishing, Winston Park Drive, 2nd Floor Oakville, ON L6H 5R7 Canada, 2018, ISBN: 978-1-77361-253-9.
- Dr. Ghazala Yaqub and Miss. Haleema Sadia, Hazard Potential of Chemical Residuals in Food, Delve Publishing, Winston Park Drive, 2nd Floor Oakville, ON L6H 5R7 Canada, 2018, ISBN: 978-1-77361-102-0.
- Dr. Ghazala Yaqub and Miss. Amber Fatima, Toxicology of Air Pollutants, Delve Publishing, Winston Park Drive, 2nd Floor Oakville, ON L6H 5R7 Canada, 2018, ISBN: 978-1-77361-287-4.
- Prof. Dr. Shirin Zubair, “Opening Up New Spaces: Arrival Motif in Sidhwa’s An American Brat. In Ajay K. Chaubey (ed.) Women Writers of the South Asian Diaspora: Interpreting Gender, Texts and Contexts. Jaipur, India: Rawat Publications, 2019.
- Sabah Mushtaq “Human Rights Crisis in Kashmir and the Indian Press” got published in a edited book published by CIPS, NUST Press Islamabad in March 2019.
- Makki, M., Azam, A., Akash, S. A., & Khan, F. (Eds.). (2020). Forced Migration and Conflict-Induced Displacement: Impacts and Prospective Responses. Islamabad: NUST Press.
- “Kaleed e Masadar”. Writer: Maulvi Muhammad Abdullah. Editor: Dr. Faiza Butt. Publisher: West Pakistan Urdu Academy. Publishing Year: 2019.
- Javaria Asim (2011), “Impact of Privatization on Profitability”: Evidence from Commercial Banks of Pakistan, Saarbrücken, Germany, LAP Lambert Academic Publishing (ISBN: 978-3-8465-1244-9)
- Saira, R., Rizwan, M., (2019, November). “NFC Payment Security with Cloud Based Authentication System”.. International Conference on Intelligent Technologies and Application (INTAP 2019) CCIS-Springer, Bahawalpur , Pakistan.
- Tayybah H., Ahmad, F., Rizwan, M., Rehman, R., (2019, November). Edge Caching Framework in Fog Based Radio Access Networks through AI in Quantum Regime. International Conference on Intelligent Technologies and Application (INTAP 2019) CCIS-Springer, Bahawalpur, Pakistan
Bilal Haider Abbasi, Muhammad Younas, Sumaira Anjum, Nisar Ahmad, Mohammad Ali, Hina Fazal, Christophe Hano,” Serotonine in Plant Signalling and Communication”, Neurotransmit
ters in Plant Signaling and Communication; Springer, nature, 75-92. https://link.springer.com/ chapter/10.1007/978-3-030- 54478-2_4
- Masha Asad Khan, Sara R. Jaffree & Tahira Jibeen, Book title: The Sociology of South Asian Women’s Health Chapter Title: Mental healthcare and support amongst South Asian women https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-50204-1 Online ISBN978-3-030-50204-1 https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-030-50204-1
- Chapter by Shireen Mushtaq and Dr. Arifa Kayani (2020). Forced Migration as a Security Challenge for Pakistan: The Case of Afghan Refugees. In Forced Migration and Conflict-Induced Displacement: Impacts and Prospective (pp. 79—94). Islamabad: NUST Press.
- Laiqat Q & Mukhtar. A. (2020). Chapter Ii Dialogic Heteroglossia: Polyphonic Discourse Of Migration In The Novel Exit West (2017). Shifting Twenty-First-Century Discourses, Borders and Identities, UK: Cambridge Scholars Publishing House (Book Chapter)
News and Updates