Paper Publications 2017
List of paper published in W category Journals (2017)
- Rauf A, Uddin G, Patel S, Khan A, Halim SA, Bawazeer S, Ahmad K, Muhammad N, Mubarak MS. Diospyros, an under-utilized, multi-purpose plant genus: A review. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy, Volume 91, 2017, Pages 714-730.
- Saqib S, Akram A, Halim SA, Tassaduq R. Sources of β-galactosidase and its applications in food industry. Biotech (2017) 7: 79. https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/s13205-017-0645-5.pdf
- Sobia Ahsan Halim, Shanza Khan, Ajmal Khan, Abdul Wadood, Fazal Mabood, Javid Hussain, Ahmed Al-Harrasi. Targeting Dengue Virus NS-3 Helicase by Ligand based Pharmacophore Modeling and Structure based Virtual Screening. Frontiers in Chemistry. 2017. Vol 5(88), p 1-16.
- Sehrish Iftikhar, Ahmad Ali Shahid, Sobia Ahsan Halim, Jaap Wolters, Vivianne Vleeshouwers, Ajmal Khan, Ahmed Al-Harrasi, Shahbaz Ahmad. Discovering Novel Alternaria solani Succinate Dehydrogenase Inhibitors by In Silico Modeling and Virtual Screening Strategies to Combat Early Blight. Frontiers in Chemistry. 2017. Vol: 5(100), p 1-17. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29204422
- Anam Akram, Sara Khalil, Sobia Ahsan Halim. Therapeutic uses of HSP90 inhibitors in Non-Small Cell Lung Carcinoma (NSCLC). Current Drug Metabolism, 2017. Vol. 19(4) p 335-341.
- Khalida Naseem, Rahila Huma, Review on vinyl acetic acid-based polymer microgels for biomedical and other applications, International Journal of Polymeric Materials and Polymeric Biomaterials,2017, Accepted and Online Published. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/
- Anum Khaleeq, Rubina Munir, Rahila Huma, Determination of macronutrients, micronutrients, non-essential elements in milk based-infant formulas by atomic absorption and inductively coupled plasma-optical emission spectroscopy after microwave and ultrasound assisted digestion. Spectroscopy Letters, 2017, 50 (2), 88-95. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/
- Anum Khaleeq, Rahila Huma & Sehrish Munir, Atomic Absorption and Inductively Coupled Plasma–Optical Emission Spectroscopic Method for Determination of Micronutrients and Toxic Metals in Curcuma Longa L. to Characterize Human Health Toxicity, Spectroscopy Letters,2017, Accepted and Online Published. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/
- Dr. Faryal Chaudhry, Rahila Huma, In Search of New α-Glucosidase Inhibitors:Imidazolyl pyrazole Derivatives, Bioorganic Chemistry,2017,71, 102-109.
- Faryal Chaudhry, Shahnaz Choudhry, Rahila Huma , Rubina Munir , Ramsha Sohail, Hetarylcoumarins: Synthesis and Biological Evaluation as Potent α-Glucosidase Inhibitors. Bioorganic Chemistry, 2017, 73, 1-9.
- Faryal Chaudhry, Abdul Qayuum Ather, Mohammad Javaid Akhtar, Ayesha Shaukat, Mohammad Ashraf, Mariya al- Rashida, Munawar Ali Munawar & Misbahul Ain Khan. Green synthesis, inhibition studies of yeast α-glucosidase and molecular docking of pyrazolylpyridazine amines. Bioorganic Chemistry, 71, 2017, 170-180.
- Dr. Faryal Chaudhry, Amino acid catalyzed reactions. A facile route to some heteroarylbispyrazoles, An International Journal for Rapid Communication of Synthetic Organic Chemistry, 47(4), 2017. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/
- Sumia Akram, Enzyme-assisted Supercritical Fluid Extraction: An Alternative and green Technology for Non-extractable Polyphenols. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry online, DOI: 10.1007/s00216-017-0309-7. https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/s00216-017-0309-7.pdf
- Almas Hamid, Ghazala Yaqub, Sajid Rashid Ahmed, Nida Aziz. Assessment of human health risk associated with the presence of pesticides in chicken eggs. Food Science and Technology. 2017. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/1678-457X.11616. http://www.scielo.br/pdf/cta/v37n3/0101-2061-cta-1678-457X11616.pdf
- Ghazala Yaqub, Kashaf Iqbal, Zubi Sadiq and Almas Hamid. Rapid Determination of Residual Pesticides and Polyaromatic Hydrocarbons in Different Environmental Samples By HPLC. Pak. J. Agri. Sci., 54(2): 1-7. 2017. http://www.pakjas.com.pk/papers/2711.pdf
- Ghazala Yaqub, Unaiza Khan, Zubi Sadiq, Haseeb Akram. A Rapid and Senitive Method For Determination Of Chlorinated By-Products In Tap Water Samples. J. Chil.Chem. Soc. 62(2): 3427-3430. 2017. https://scielo.conicyt.cl/pdf/jcchems/v62n2/art04.pdf
- Anum Jamshaid, Almas Hamid, Nawshad Muhammad, Ayesha Naseer, Moinuddin Ghauri, Jibran Iqbal, Sikander Rafiq, Noor Samad Shah. Cellulose-based Materials for the Removal of Heavy Metals from Wastewater – An Overview. Chem Bio Eng Rev 2017, 4, No. 4, 1–18. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1002/cben.201700002
- Iman Meer, Rabia Nazir. Removal techniques for heavy metals from fly ash J. Mater Cycles Waste Manag. 2017.
- Almas Hamid,Wajeeha Saleem,Ghazala Yaqub & Moin ud din Ghauri. Comparative assessment of respiratory and other occupational health effects among elementary Workers. International Journal of Occupational Safety and Ergonomics p 1-8 ISSN: 1080-3548.2017. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/
- Ghazala Yaqub, Zubi Sadiq, Almas Hamid, Amber Fatimah, Zianab Ijaz. Conventional-Microwave Mediated Synthesis and Invitro Antimicrobial Activity of Novel Carbazole-Efflux Pump Inhibitor Hybrid Antibacterials. Journal of Chemistry.2017 p 5 http://downloads.hindawi.com/journals/jchem/2017/7243279.pdf
- Hirra Rashid and Ghazala Yaqub. Bioadsorbents and filters for the removal of heavy metals in different environmental samples- A Brief Review, Nature and Pollution Technology 2017. Vol 16(4) p 1157-1164.
- Mahnaz Cosser Ali Khan, Exchange List: A Systematic Review with Emphasis on History and Development of a Meal-Planning Exchange List With Cultural Relevance, European International Journal of Science and Technology, Vol. 6 No. 6, August 2017. https://www.eijst.org.uk/images/frontImages/gallery/Vol._6_No._6/1._1-9.pdf
- Callum Arthurs, Bibi N Murtaza (Kinnaird College), Kerry Dickens, Rui Henrique, Hiten R H Patel, Michael Millar, Christopher Thrasivoulou and Aamir Ahmed, Expression of ribosomal proteins in normal and cancerous human prostate tissue. CARPS19PLOSONE211116 (2017) https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article/file?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0186047&type=printable
- Ambreena Javaid, Sajid Rahid Ahmad, Shumaila Majeed, Maria Iqbal, Zara Munir, Hajra Riaz & Abdul Qadir. Spatial Evaluation of Irrigational Water Quality in GIS Perspective Transylvanian Review. 2017. Vol. 25 pp. 22.
List of paper published in International Journals
(Indexed in Master Journal List)
- Masood, A., Kamran, F., Rashid, S., & Mazahir, S. (2017). Life-orientation, subjective well-being and social support as predictors of quality of life in patients with end stage renal disease. Bangladesh Journal of Medical Science, 16(3), 346-353.
- Tahir W, Choudhry S. (2017). Production of activated carbon from tea waste and its application in water treatment. J. Biodiv. Environ. Sci. 11(1): 37-44.(ISSN 2220-6663 Print, ISSN 2222-3045). Thomson Reuters list. http://www.innspub.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/JBES-Vol-11-No-1-p-37-44.pdf
- S. Akhtar; A.S. Ahmad; M.I. Qureshi; S. Shahraz. Households willingness to pay for improved solid waste management. Global J. Environ. Sci. Manage., 3(2): 143-152, Spring 2017
- Fariah Khalid, Saamia Saif, Almas Hamid. Impact of waste water of a pulp and paper industry on surrounding environment. J. Bio. Env. Sci. 10(2), 65-74, February 2017. http://www.innspub.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/JBES-Vol10No2-p65-74.pdf
- Amra Tahir, Saamia Saif, Almas Hamid. Impacts of industrial encroachment in residential vicinity, A case study of Lahore. J. Bio. Env. Sci. 10(2), 202-212, February 2017. http://www.innspub.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/JBES-Vol10No2-p202-212.pdf
- Sana Akhtar, Shahzeen Fatima Baig, Samia Saif, Asim Mahmood and Sajid Rashid Ahmad. Five Year Carbon Footprint of a Textile Industry: A Podium to incorporate Sustainability. Nature Environment and Pollution Technology, 16(1); pp. 125-132, 2017.
- Sana Akhtar, Samita Arub, Hafiza Sadia Ramzan, Muhammad Nawaz Chaudhry, Asim Mahmood, Sajid Rashid Ahmad, Muhammad Ali Khan. Reuse and Recycling of by-products of sugar industry: presumed and bagasse flyash. Journal of Biodiversity and Environmental Sciences, 10(4): 11-18, 2017.
- Urooj Saeed, Ayesha Zulfiqar, Shiza Ijaz, Ghazala Yaqub. Role of nanotechnology in removing metal ions from waste water: A brief review. Journal of Biodiversity and Environmental Sciences.10 (5): 46-56. 2017.
- Syeda Amber Fatima, Isra Shahid. Study of occupational health and safety conditions of a sugar mill in Pakistan. Journal of Biodiversity and Environmental Sciences (JBES), Vol. 11, No. 1, p. 97-104, 2017.
- Sana Akhtar , Namra Ibrar Sahibzada , Samia Saif , Shamaila Inayat , Sajid Rashid Ahmad. Carbon Footprint of a Beverage Bottling Plant in Lahore, Pakistan. Current World Environment, 12(2), 2017.
- Akhtar, S., Saleem, W., Nadeem, V., Shahid, I., Ikram, A. Assessment of willingness to pay for improved air quality using contingent valuation method. Global Journal of Environmental Science and Management, 2017; 3(3): 279-286
- Almas Hamid, Ayesha Mushtaq, Rabia Nazir and Sidra Asghar, Heavy metals in soil and vegetables grown with municipal wastewater in Lahore. Bangladesh Journal of Scientific and industrial Research. 2017. Vol. 52 (4), P 331-336.
- Sana Akhtar, Namra Ibrar Sahibzada, Samia Saif, Shamaila Inayat (Zoology) and Sajid Rasheed Ahmad. The paper entitled “Carbon Footprint of a Beverage Bottling Plant in Lahore” has been published in the Journal, Current World Environment, Volume No 12, No (2) 2017, Pg, 222-230.
- Farrukh, F., Farooq, R. & Farahani, R. (2017). On the Atom-Bond connectivity and Geometric-Arithmetic indices of SiO2 layer structure, Moroccan Journal of Chemistry, 5(2), 384-390.
- Younus A.,*Faiz M., Yasmeen A. Association of Vitamin D Receptor FokI and TaqI Gene Polymorphisms in Pakistani Women with 25(OH)D Levels. Journal of Food and Nutrition Research. 2017 5(7): 475-480.
- Khurshid, S., Afzal, M., Khalid, R., Akhtar, M. W. & Qazi, M. H. (2017). Potential of multi-component antigens for tuberculosis diagnosis. Biologicals, 48:109-113. (IF=1.603)
- Tasadduq, R., Gordon, J., Al-Ghanim, K. A., Lian, J. B., Van Wijnen, A. J, Stein, J. L., Stein, G. S. and Shakoori, A., R. 2017. Ethanol extract of Cissus quadrangularis enhances osteoblast differentiation and mineralization of murine pre-osteoblast cell line, MC3T3-E1. J. Cell. Physiol. 232, 540-547
- Yalçin, B., Zhao, L., Stofanko, M., O’Sullivan, N. C., Kang, Z. H., Roost, A., Thomas, M. R., Zaessinger, S., Blard, O., Patto, A. L., Sohail, A., Baena, V., Terasaki, M., O’Kane, C. J. (2017) Modeling of axonal endoplasmic reticulum network by spastic paraplegia proteins. eLife. 6.
- Komal Ijaz, Javed Iqbal Wattoo and Tanveer Majeed (2017). Potential impact of microbial consortia in biomining and bioleaching of commercial metals. Life Sci. 5 (1). 13-18
- Ayesha A, In-vitro bioactivity evaluation of K2O substituted Na2O-CaO-P2O5-SiO2 glass bioceramics. Surface review and Letters, Vol. 25, No. 8 (2017).
List of paper published in National Journals
- Dr. Iram Khalid and Arifa Kayani, Nuclear Terrorism in South Asia: Potential Threats/Challenges and Options: Post 9/11 Analysis, Journal of South Asian Studies ,Vol. 32, No. 1, January – June 2017, pp.7 – 25.
List of paper published in National Journals
Accounting & Finance
- Farah Naz, Hafsa Khan, Madeeha Sayyed, Productivity and Efficiency Analysis of Pakistani Textile Industry using Malmquist Productivity Index Approach(2017), Journal of Management and Research 4 (2), 65-87.
- Sumaira, R., & Qaiser, S. (2017). Role play: A productive teaching strategy to promote critical thinking, Bulletin of Education and Research 39(1), 156-172.
- Sumaira, R., & Qaiser, S. (2017). Development of attitude through critical thinking, Pakistan Journal of Education, 34(1), 36-53.
- Rashid, S., Qaisar, S., Masood, A., & Butt, I. (2017). Role of traditional vs digital media in determining psychological nationalism and patriotism among Pakistani youth. NDU Journal, Islamabad, 31.
- Ashraf, S., Yasoob, M, Amin, M., Khan, M. A., & Bukhari, M. H. Effects of monosodium glutamate on purkinje cells of the cerebellum of adult albino rats. Annals of Punjab Medical College, 2017. Vol. 11(1) pp 1—6. ISSN (2077-9143)
- Khan, M. A., Ashraf, S., & Kamran, R. Resilience, perceived social support and locus of control of mothers of children with autistic spectrum disorder and normal children. Pakistan Journal of Professional Psychology: Research and Practice.2017. Vol. 8(1) pp. 1—15. ISSN-1818-6416.
- Namrah Khurram, “On the Use of Cloud Computing in Educational Institutions-A Survey”, Lahore Garrison University Research Journal of Computer Science and Technology, ISSN (Print 2519-7991)
- Hina Gul, “Optimized Application Level Checkpoint Based Load Sharing Model for Heterogeneous Mobile Grid Computing”, Indian Journal of Science and Technology Vol 10, Issue 28, July 2017.
- Hinna Hafeez, Najia Nasir, “Detection of Malware and Kernel –level Rootkits in Cloud Computing Environments”,, IJSRP, Vol 7, Issue 6, June 2017
- Naiia Nasir, Hinna Hafeez, Tayyaba Khalil, “Study on Mega Infrastructure Projects in Lahore and its impact on Traffic system in Lahore and Compute Time”, IJSRP, Volume 7, Issue 5, May 2017
- Tayabba Khalil,”IoT Security against DDoS Attacks Using Machine Learning Algorithms, IJSRP, Vol 7, Issue 6, June 2017
- Umbreen Javaid & Khushboo Ejaz, The Agra Summit: A Critical Appraisal, Journal of Punjab University Historical Society ,Vol.30.No.1,January- June 2017, pp.239-255
- Habibullah, S.N. (2017). “On the Power Generalization of Log-Symmetric SIA Distributions” Journal of ISOSS, 3(1), 45-54.
- Javeria Waheed & Arifa Kayani. Emergence of Islamic State in the Middle East. Journal of Islamic Thought and Civilization. 2017. Vol. 7 pp. 2.
- Dr Nusra Inayat, Dr Tahirs Kalsoom, ‘Parent-Teacher Association in British and Pakistani Schools: Parent-Teacher-Child Triangle’ Published in Science International Journal. Sci.int. (Lahore), 29(4), 991-994, 2017. ISSN1013-5316; SINTE8, Category ’Y’ GC University, Lahore.
- Farooqi, S., Ahmad, A., & Abid, G. (2017). How Bad it is to be Good: Organizational Ethical Culture’s Impact on Whistleblowing (Ethical Partners). The Arab Economic and Business Journal, Vol. 12(2) pp 69-80.
- Halim SA, Aziz S, Fatima R. Prevalence of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever Virus in Pakistan, Novel approaches in Drug Design and Development, 2017, 1(1), 555553.
- Ammara Naeem, Noreen James, Misfa Tanvir, Madiha Marriam, Sammar Nathaniel. Fluorescence Activated Cell Sorting (FACS): An Advanced Cell Sorting Technique; PSM Biological Research,Volume 2, Issue 2, pages 83-88, May (2017).
- Naseem Zahra, Imran Kalim, Minahil Mahmood, Nageen Naeem. Perilous Effects of Heavy Metals Contamination on Human Health; Pak. J. Anal. Environ. Chem. Vol. 18, No. 1 (2017) 1 – 17
- Abbas N, Javed J, Abbas Z, Choudhry S, Ali S. (2017). Lipase production from Bacillus subtilis using various agricultural wastes. Int. J. Adv. Eng. Management. Sci. 3(5): 405-409. (ISSN 2454-1311).
- Anjum I, Ajmal S (2017). Consanguinity and lipid profile variations in various clans of Pakistani population. Int. J. Adv. Res. 5 (5):101-114.
- Sana Akhtar, Aimen Sohail, Uniba Tariq, Fatima Asif Khan, Sidra Asghar, Willingness to pay for improved drinking water facility in Samsani Khui, Johar Town, Lahore, Pakistan, Archives of Agriculture and Environmental Science 2(3): 187-193, 2017.
- Iman Meer and Zahid Baig Mirza. Abundance of birds and variations in physio-chemical characteristics of Freshwater reservoir. University of Sindh journal of animal science. 2017, Vol 1 Issue: 1, p 14-20.
- Tamkanat Rasool, Aniqa Nadeem, and Kiran Karamat, Cultural Imperialism through Beverages Advertisements: A Case Study of Youth of Lahore, Journal of Mass Communication & Journalism, 7, 1, 2017.
- Tariq, S. & Akhtar, K. (2017). On properties of Size Biased Scaled Inverse Chi Square Distribution. International Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, 18 (2).
- Iftkhar jalib aur Urdu Afsany ki Nai Tashkilaat, Bunyād (research journal), Lahore: Gurmani Centre for Languages and Literature, (LUMS), Volume 8, July 2017, ISSN: 2225-6083, Page: 441-462.
List of paper published in HEC Non- Recognized National Journals
- Latif, T., Qadeer, F., & Farooqi, S. (2017) Individual innovative behavior: Interplay of reputation, job requirement and expected positive performance outcomes. Asian Management Research Journal. Vol. 2 Issue: 2 © 2017 SAMR
- Dr. Tahira Sadiq. Iftikhar Jalib urdu afasanay ki nai Lasani Tashkeelat’ Bunyaad Lahore University of management sciences. 2017. Vol. 8 pp. 462-441.
- Shabana Manzoor, A. S. Kazi, Rakhshanda Naeem, Nusra Inayat, ‘Undergraduate Students’ use of Vocabulary Learning Strategies’, the Journal of Arts and Social Sciences (JASS) Vol. IV issue II, Dec 2017.
- Dr Nusra Inayat, Ms. Nayab Javed and Ms. Hira Fatima, ‘The Role of Coloured Books in Developing Interest and Strengthening Content Knowledge for Slow Learners’ published in the Journal of Arts and Social Sciences (JASS) Vol. IV Issue 1, June 2017.
Food Sciences & Human Nutrition
- Mahnaz Nasir Khan, Samia Kalsoom and Ayyaz Ali Khan (2017). Food Exchange List and Dietary Management of Non-Communicable Diseases in Cultural Perspective. Pakistan Journal of Medical Sciences. 33(5):1273-1278. DOI: 10.12669/pjms.335.13330.